- Optical and Digital Image Processing: Fundamentals and Applications.
- The Blind Photographers!
- Cartographies of time.
- Account Options.
- Prank the Monkey: The ZUG Book of Pranks;
In this first comprehensive history of graphic representations of time, authors Daniel Rosenberg and Anthony Grafton have crafted a lively history featuring fanciful characters and unexpected twists and turns. From medieval manuscripts to websites, Cartographies of Time features a wide variety of timelines that in their own unique ways, curving, crossing, branching, defy conventional thinking about the form. A fifty-four-foot-long timeline from is mounted on a scroll and encased in a protective box.
Another timeline uses the different parts of the human body to show the genealogies of Jesus Christ and the rulers of Saxony.
Ladders created by missionaries in eighteenth-century Oregon illustrate Bible stories in a vertical format to convert Native Americans. Also included is the April Marconi North Atlantic Communication chart, which tracked ships, including the Titanic, at points in time rather than by their geographic location, alongside little-known works by famous figures, including a historical chronology by the mapmaker Gerardus Mercator and a chronological board game patented by Mark Twain.
A fully illustrated history of graphic visualization of time and timelines from circa CE to the present, this beautifully designed and produced work is an authoritative contribution to the history of information graphics with respect to time. In writing this work the authors drew attention to an aspect of historical writing that is generally undervalued by historians:.
Though we use chronologies all the time, and could not do without them, we typically see them as only distillations of complex historical narratives and ideas. Chronologies work, and—as far as most people are concerned—that's enough.
You may also be interested in...
But, as we will show in this book, it wasn't always so; from the classical period to the Renaissance in Europe, chronology was among the most revered of scholarly pursuits. Indeed, in some respects, it held a status higher than the study of history itself.
- Cartographies of Time: A History of the Timeline by Daniel Rosenberg and Anthony Grafton?
- Acoustic Emission in Friction, Volume 53 (Tribology and Interface Engineering) (Tribology and Interface Engineering).
- Shop now and earn 2 points per $1!
- The Routledge Doctoral Supervisors Companion: Supporting Effective Research in Education and the Social Sciences (Companions for PhD and DPhil Research).
- The Clue in the Embers (The Hardy Boys, Book 35)!
While history dealt in stories, chronology dealt in facts. Moreover, the facts of chronology had significant implications outside of the academic study of history.
- Shred: The Revolutionary Diet: 6 Weeks 4 Inches 2 Sizes.
- See, that’s what the app is perfect for..
- Cotton: Science and Technology;